Lee County makes progress towards goal of filling gaps in its bicycle and pedestrian facilities network... read the recent BWL report on the status of county facilities.
Click here for all our online bike maps.
BikeWalkLee is a community coalition raising public awareness and advocating for complete streets in Lee County -- streets that are designed, built, operated and maintained for safe and convenient travel for all users: pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists, and transit riders of all ages and abilities.
- Walkable and bikeable communities that encourage interaction among citizens of all ages, incomes, and abilities;
- The freedom of choice in transportation, including the choice to safely walk, bike or use public transit;
- The strength, stability and quality of our environment;
- Active recreation;
- Responsible use of energy resources; and
- Open communication among citizens and between government and the public
Read the BikeWalkLee analysis on county bicyclists... "Better Understanding Lee's Bicyclists" (BULB) evalaution